Get That Refrigerator Clean in 5 Easy Steps
Posted on January 07, 2016
Now that the holidays are over and the leftovers are beginning to clear out, it is a good time to whip your refrigerator back into shape for the New Year.
Follow these steps to get your fridge cleaned up for the New Year.
- • Turn off power to your fridge and remove all food. Also remove glass shelves and crisper drawers so they can warm up to room temperature.
- • Make up a solution of 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 quart of water and use it to wipe down the interior. This cleans your refrigerator and removes any odors. Do not use soap or detergent because they can leave behind an odor that will get absorbed by food.
- • Soak and clean the shelves and bins with the baking soda solution as well.
- • Clean the door gaskets with hot water and a mild dishwashing liquid.
- • Lastly, dry everything with a clean cloth before re-inserting the shelving and turning the fridge back on.
- Extra Tip: For caked on residue, liberally apply the baking soda solution with a wet towel and let it soak for 10 minutes. Then wipe it away with a damp towel.